Sunday, May 13, 2007

Last Game? Nope.

Church of the Hardwood broke a record for most games on a Sunday morning today. Seven games were played, all won by a dynasty. I went 0-4 on the day and felt like the game was passing me by. Opie schooled me in all phases of the game and I went like 2-13 from the field. Had one clean block of the A-Train, which he called as a foul.
"Fucking bullshit," I cried out, unable to control my emotions.
No more calls from the A-Train all day long. I think I shamed him with my outburst but not my shot blocking skills.
Speaking of shot blocking, I got swatted by at least three different players. That can mean only one thing: I have no ups. What happened? I used to be able to grab the rim and dunk on some goals.
As I said, the game is passing me by.
I said this would be my farewell game, and Ricardo showed up in street clothes and a broken hand to wish me well.
It wasn't my final game: just a ploy to get more folks down to the church.

No comments: